Saturday, July 15, 2017

SA Summer



It's been nice to be back "home" (I say that because we don't exactly love San Antonio but it's fine temporarily- meaning the next two years) after so much traveling to AZ and NM. I started my last summer class before my final semester-long capstone class. I even applied for graduation!! The light at the end of the tunnel is coming. I've also been applying for jobs because it'd be nice for the extra money and we're somewhat stable now so working is possible now. However, I'm having a hard time since it's been 2 year since I worked last!! It's hard not being "marketable" anymore and I'm getting worried my 7 years of blood, sweat and tears (literally) are fading away. Fingers crossed I can find something that will work for us and keep my license, resume and skills up!

Even though we do not like the huge city and it's so blazing humid-hot here, it's nice having Six Flags so close! The boys love it and my parents bought us season passes for Christmas- perfect gift that we use all year long.



Shad completely surprised me the other day by saying the 1st Article of Faith all on his own (since he's a January birthday he's been stuck in nursery a whole extra year). He's heard the older boys say it so much that now he just knows it! I haven't worked on it once with him. The older boys have the first 3 down pretty well and we started our drawing/coloring scripture study. I'm just copying what my mom did when I was Ty's age. They LOVE it. Everyday they ask if it's time for scripture study and it's been 2 weeks. So it's nice that we have a good summer routine down with doing all our dailies, then usually swimming or some errand and very minimal TV watching. It is a lot sometimes with everyone home all day long but it is good. So nice in the mornings to not have to rush out the door and be up and moving. It's also so nice that TJ doesn't have to leave so early to commute and is home 20 minutes after he texts and says he's leaving work. He has been struggling with how stressful work is but I'm really proud of him for sticking to it and working SO hard. I know things will all pay off eventually. We just have to bide our time here and do our best! Things will all work out!


Oh man, such a hard age when you don't want them to nap anymore but they need one so bad by 4-5 pm. Poor Shaddie!


Ty and Levi decided they wanted to sell lemonade. They each spent about $3.50 on supplies and then made over $7 their first day! We'll see how long they keep it up. The things we do to help our kids not sit around and watch TV all summer long.


Benson had his 18 month appointment.

Height: 32 inches = 23th percentile
Weight: 27 lbs, 6 oz = 85th percentile
Head Circ: 49.5 cm = 93rd percentile

He was kicking so I think his height measurement is a little off. His height/weight ratio is pretty even just by looking at him too. My baby is growing! No more appointments until he has birthdays!! We sure love this little guy even though he's starting to throw tantrums... :) 




This kid LOVES sports and especially baseball! He was completely absorbed in this book during the doctor appointment. 

Cow day at Chick-fil-A! We got $20 of free food- it was awesome! As much as I love CFA this was our first year doing it- I would never do it in Utah County as the lines would wrap around the outside of the store, haha. So now just another reason why I love this place!


No comments: