Friday, April 28, 2017

32


On Easter I turned 32. I looked up how many times my birthday had been on Easter which was in 1995, 2006, 2017 and then there will be one last time in my lifetime in 2028. I told TJ my life was officially 3/4ths of the way over ;)

It was actually the best birthday I've had in many years just because TJ was around and nothing was going on since it was Easter weekend. Not that I needed anything but it's just nice to do something different and every once in a while, for ME! ;) On Saturday, the day before Easter, the Easter bunny came and the boys had so much fun playing with the stuff they got in their baskets. Then around 9:30 am TJ pushed me out the door and told me to go do whatever I wanted and to not come back for several hours. It was seriously, the best gift I could ever ask for. It was heavenly!!! I didn't even do anything that great but I just got to be alone. It was so refreshing. I first went to Chik fil A and got breakfast because I love their breakfasts there. I don't' know why. I even drank a Dr. Pepper for breakfast- I know, crazy. I sat in the car and ate by myself and didn't have to share. Then I got a really nice pedicure while I wrote a letter to Jordan. Then I shopped at Ross for two hours without a care in the world. I walked around Target and then stopped to grab something for dinner at HEB and that was it. It was awesome. TJ had had the worst day at work the day before- probably the worst day that he's ever had- yet he still made it all about me and gave me the gift of his time. 

Jordan sent me a long handwritten letter that I'll keep forever and this cute little kangaroo pin- it meant so much to me. I just love that girl. I'm soooo proud of her too.


This portrait it what I spent my birthday money on- I LOVE it!! It's custom drawn and done from pictures I sent of each of the boys. 


My toes after my pedicure with the Ross floor backdrop :)





My childhood best friend, Mallory, sent me these pictures. Made me smile- our childhood was so wonderful!!!


Tradition always calls for a Baskin Robbins Pralines and Cream cake- our Easter basket one had a hard time coming home so it re-froze in the freezer funny :) The boys were SO excited to blow out candles and eat cake. They make things in life so fun.



Out to lunch with Carrie, Maren and Danielle since it was Danielle's birthday last week. Lots of crazy kids!


 I actually really enjoyed having my birthday on Easter this year- not that adult birthdays are that big of deal but because it just seems like such a fitting day. The Savior's Atonement was a rebirth for us all and the theme is just right. Grateful for these boys who spoil me and treat me like their queen and for so many friends and family who wished me a happy day. :) 32 is going to be a great year and I'm excited for it.



No comments: