Friday, November 18, 2016

Life Update

My cousin posted this picture of my uncles and cousins gathering cattle on my uncle's ranch. I just think it's such a beautiful picture and my heart just swells with love for the country life and my roots of where I come from. I want this so bad for my boys someday. Hopefully someday!!



My cute little brother, Tanner, is only a freshman but got moved up to Varsity towards the end of the season. Pretty big deal!! They made it to their first play off game and lost. But it was really fun for Tan to gear up under the Friday night lights and be with the team. He's so big and grown up!! Love that kid! Someday, somehow we're going to be there for one of his Varsity games!! 


So big news came last week! TJ got a call from his boss saying his training time at his building, Legend Oaks in Kyle, was done!! They needed him at another building in San Antonio and he would take over as Executive Director- but still under supervision of his bosses since he hasn't taken his state boards yet. Then, once his six months is up, they switch him to his very own building and he'll be completely on his own!! That should happen around December 31 and it will also be in San Antonio. It was so sudden and although we known our time in Kyle would be brief we're sad to leave it! I don't know why but I was feeling so unsettled about moving to San Antonio completely next month- it's a huge city, I have no idea where to go or live or even start. I know the boys are so young and moving schools shouldn't be a big deal but I just felt so bad about it. After praying about it I suddenly got the answer that we should stay here to finish out the school year and TJ can live over there (about an hour away) and come home on weekends. Once this thought came into my head, I felt instant peace. It makes sense- the boys are so happy at school and with their friends and we love our ward. And who knows, maybe Ty would have a hard time adjusting and it would be detrimental to how far he's come. Ty's class and friends are okay but Levi has the BEST teacher and friends. So I feel the need to be a little careful with Ty's situations. Anyways, since TJ will be working 12-13 hours a day once he's the real one in charge, we might as well stay where we have connections and friends and a life. Plus that gives us 6 months to figure out where to move to in San Antonio. TJ will only be an hour away from us so it's not that far at all. So we're busy trying to find a house to rent for just 6 months (our dumb apartment lease ends soon- YAY!!! That's the most exciting part of all of this- getting OUT OF THE APARTMENT!! My kids can't wait to run and scream and jump again!) and finding housing for TJ over there. I have total faith that we'll find something because of the impression that I got. I just need to be patient and move forward knowing it's all going to be okay. 

But for the past week, TJ has been commuting to San Antonio!! It's been awful!!! He has to leave at 6:30am to get there at 8 am and he stays until about 7 pm to miss more traffic so he can get home by 8 or so. I think the drive bothers me more than him- he listens to books, makes calls and says it's not that bad. But I just think it's such a waste to be on the road so much and so much gas!! Our 4 months with him at the Kyle building that was 3 minutes away was heaven!! I'm glad we got to experience that- it was so nice to have him be able to come home for lunch and so fun to drop by his work to bring him a drink or say hi. 

I do have to admit, sometimes the thought comes into my mind if all that we've done/sacrificed/worked for for the last 7, going on 8 years, is worth it?? We've dragged our family across several states and keep moving and changing- I just need to have faith that this all will be worth it!! And it's okay if we have to move around a bit. Just because I graduated high school with the same kids I went to preschool with doesn't mean that's the best way. The boys are going to get good at making friends and being outgoing and adapt to new situations. 

His last day at this Kyle building was Friday November 11, 2016. He started on Tuesday July 12, 2016.


Even though he was only at the Kyle building for 4 months, he made a lot of really good friendships and working relationships. They threw him such a nice going away party! Many of the employees told him they wished he could stay and that they want to work for him eventually. It was very touching and nice. I'm really proud of TJ. He's worked so hard and actually made a difference! If he can do that much good and that strong of bond with his employees in 4 months, I'm very excited to see what the future brings. When I asked him if he was nervous about leaving this building and starting over, in a sense, he only said he was excited and ready for it. So proud of him and grateful for all that he does without complaining or negativity. 

 A typical TJ picture- can't open his eyes.

We stopped by on his last day at Kyle to say hi one last time! Bens was trying to stand up and take steps everywhere. 




Everytime Bens would stand up, the boys would crack up at the bear on his bum. They just thought it was so funny. 


I saved this picture because it brought such tears to my eyes!! This is one of my best friend's (growing up) parents who were like second parents to me. They are off to South Africa for another mission. This picture symbolizes so much- sacrifice, love of the gospel and their family, hope, service, faith. I just love President Ludwig's kiss to his grandkids!! So sweet. I know my parents want more than anything to serve but how they'll miss their grandkids as well! It's definitely a sacrifice as a young missionary to leave home but now I'm a mom, being senior missionaries has to be SO hard leaving your kids and grandkids! The gospel is SO true- why else would we do all this??


Trying to read books with all 4 boys on my lap. Didn't work so well and we thought the chair was going to break. The only chair in our living room too! :)

I got these Facebook message from Amy Roskelley- a good friend from our Lehi ward. I thought it was so funny I had to include it in here. I can come back and read it on most days when I look like the above picture, for a confidence booster. ;)

I can't keep this information to myself!!! Wade (my husband) who is always chatting with the young men.. told me that the boys were talking about the "hottest women in the ward". and the webb boy said, The hottest one isn't here anymore.. she moved. It was Sister Hendrickson!!!
So, there you go
hahahaha!!


Sometimes I look over at this kid and he seems SO big and growing up fast. I took the two older boys with me for choir practice and to play the organ so TJ could come later with the babies. While we were waiting for everyone to come he just quietly got out his scriptures and read them. :)

Shad likes to run around with oven mitts on his feet.
Ty came home from school, grabbed an apple and sat down to quietly read. He won perfect child award for an hour. ;)

I'm starting to match Benson and Shad alike. I stopped doing it because I had a TON of matching clothes with Ty and Levi. Then as the years go by I always give away one of the matching set because I don't need two of the same thing stored away. But now it's just so cute and I have fun see them together. It gives me total flashbacks to when Ty and Levi were little and I often feel like I've gone back in time and am raising them again.

Shad- almost 3
Benson- almost 1






My cousin, Nate Wengert, was passing through town. Right now he lives in OK City but often comes down to San Antonio for work. It was great to see him and have a quick lunch together. We're only 4 months apart so we were really close friends all growing up. Super competitive, of course ;) I enjoy my cousins so much and glad I have so many. 


Just a glimpse in a typical day in a cramped, tiny apartment. The boys come home from school and need a snack while we do chores, reading and homework. Someone usually has a bloody nose, Benson is trying to be with all the big kids, Shad's in some sort of costume and the house is a mess. :) 

Ty is such a helper. I'm grateful for him.


This crazy kid is experiencing a little Middle Child Syndrome. I'm learning you have to be a different parent to each kid and in different phases of each of their lives. This mom thing is complicated!! Holy patience though- I'm trying really hard each day to not lose it and be more loving and stop and play with him. I know it's what he needs but it's so hard when I want to spank his little bum bum instead of cuddle him!!



The boys favorite places- Shad likes to eat apples in the stuffed animal bin and Bens loves standing up on the dishwasher. Also the typical fridge and toilets- bahhh. We are starting the falling stage with lots of bruises and bumps and falling. :(


This is our picture retake.... hmmm. :) I guess we'll just call it good and be done with it! ;)

Ty Hendriksen- 1st grade, Mrs. Snead
Negley Elementary School
Kyle, Texas


I read to Levi's class a Thanksgiving book and brought donut holes. They kids were beyond delighted. I took pictures of each of them for a little Christmas craft we'll be doing for their Christmas party- they are all so funny. Levi got a shirt for finishing his Gator Reader chart and was very excited. Being the Homeroom Mom for his class means I'm very invovled but it's good!! :) Mrs. Sparks makes things so easy.

No comments: