Thursday, November 10, 2016

Lately


I still wedge this guy into the Bumbo every morning because it's the only way I can get dressed. This Target clearance onesie speaks the literal truth for this guy. Although lately, he's been warming up to TJ a little bit so sometimes I get a little break. He took his first independent steps from the boys' picnic table across the rug until he fell and all of us only saw it from the corner of our eyes because Shad was being naughty and I was focused on him. But it was so cute and I'm surprised he went for it! It was just two little steps on Sunday November 6, 2016. We'll see how long it takes before he's really walking. 

This poor little baby caught the flu bug this past weekend- it was so sad because he just kept vomiting over and over but was SO thirsty. When he was in the bathtub he would just try to drink the bathwater! It made my heart hurt just watching him! But luckily it didn't last long and it all turned around and started causing problems at the other end. Lots of diarrhea!! And so stinky too. Blah!!

Starting to make real messes.


I forgot to let Levi's teacher know he needed picture retakes and so he missed them even though he was dressed and ready for them! I was mad at myself but now we're just stuck with this gem for his kindergarten pictures!! hahaha. 

Kindergarten- Mrs. Sparks at Negley Elementary in Kyle, Texas
2016 - 2017

The boys were SO excited because their character pumpkins won- Levi's Clifford pumpkin won the cutest award and Ty's mummy pumpkin won the most creative award. 

Levi's Sayings:

Levi came home from school and told me, "Everyone likes me because they think I'm so cute because I'm little. They just love me." When I asked who said that he said his whole class but mostly Jonah did because "Jonah is big and looks like an 8 year old". haha. 

They were trying to slide Ty's big backpack between the carseat and Levi said, "I have an idea! Slide it like a gift card. Do the gift card!" He meant slide it like a credit card. So now we all say do the gift card! :)

Ty and Lev were playing 20 questions and Levi said, "Okay, I'll give you a hint. It starts with polar...." when Ty guessed polar bear, he exclaimed, "Wow! Ty! You're good at this game!"

A friend from the ward gave us a bunch of really cute shoes that her shoe outgrown. She brought them in this bag and so for the whole next week Shad carried them all around in the same bag. Everywhere. They cutest little rain boots are his favorite. 



On November 1st, this kid was SO excited because he'd been waiting for his half birthday. What kid knows his half birthday?? I didn't even realize mine until Ty came along. He talked me into happy hour Sonic slushes to celebrate. :) 
P.S. It was Pajama Day at school on the same day so that's why the messy hair and jammies look. 


Ty's Sayings:

He's trying to be super brave and try new foods. He was daring enough to lick his finger and stick it in the bowl of sugar. Then he said, "Wow!! White sugar tastes amazing!!"

During his prayer, "Please bless people won't say Oh My Your Name."


The boys have a big Veteran's Day celebration at their school and they each made a star like this for my Grandpa Allen to display. I love seeing it in the halls when I walk by and I appreciate the school teaching them the significance. When I called my grandpa to tell him that some little elementary school in Texas has a star up for him he was so touched. :)


Yeah, this was my night Sunday night but 4 in a row. It was a long night with lots of Netflix watching. At least there are some good WWII documentaries on right now that I love! I'm just glad the baby is feeling much better now!


Ty was struggling with his hair here but here he is with his buddies Terrance and Rylan. I came into eat with him for the Thanksgiving Feast. I came to his lunch because I'm always doing stuff for Levi's class. He was super excited even if he didn't talk much, haha. Plus the lunch room is a little crazy and loud. The parents could take them to go eat across the hall but he wanted to stay with his friends. I thought that was sweet. Ty doesn't seem to have as good of class, teacher or friends as Levi does but he is very loyal to them all and doesn't seem to notice one bit.



Never imagined I'd have such light haired boys!! :)


This kid!!! He's going through a little tricky stage right now- he's constantly teasing Ty and Levi, says NO more than ever and just can be downright ornery. But then at times he can be so sweet and crazy and fun!! Isn't that why they call them threenagers?? 


We had our 2 week follow up for Shad's teeth at the dentist. She said they look much better, the gums are healthier but all 3 are still loose and it's still a waiting game. The next thing is just watch for infection and see if they stay!! Fingers crossed. He's become an expert at chewing with his back teeth and they rarely hurt him anymore. Crazy kid!


No comments: