Sunday, October 30, 2016

Spirit Week and Awards

This past week was Red Ribbon week. I thought the themes were a little boring but I think too many parents have complained about crazy dress up days the week before Halloween. I'm not sure why Red Ribbon week has to be that week in the first place? Anyways, we still have fun with College shirt day, Team Spirit Day, Camo Day and Dress Your Best Day. I love representing our Wildcats even far away here in Texas! ;)




This baby's favorite place in the world- doesn't matter if there's even water in it or not. 

We sent a package to Jordan and I thought these pictures were kinda cute. Ty's wombat kills me. And for some reason, Shaddie cannot get over Michael Jordan. So of course he wanted a picture of it so Levi helped him. 










We finished up Tball season last week. The boys had a great season and really enjoyed it. I enjoyed watching them too but it'll be nice to not be at the ball park 4 nights a week for a while :)

Levi- the Yankees
Ty- the Warriors




Levi was up to bat and Ty yelled, "Come on Levi! Hit it hard! Remember everything I taught you!"





The boys had their first Awards Assembly at Negley Elementary. Ty got Perfect Attendance award and the Negley SAIL Award. Levi got Perfect Attendance and Academic Achievement award. TJ and I were impressed how the staff talked to the kids about not everyone receiving an award but they were have another chance to EARN one each quarter. I was also surprised that the teachers hugged each kid that came up on stage- that's a lot of hugs!! But the school is big on hugs and kindness. It was nice that they separated the awards by grade so we only had to sit through 1st and Kinder. But Shad and Benson still fell asleep- haha. In Texas elementary schools only go to 5th grade!! It makes me kind of dread 6th grade and sending them to middle school!!! 
It's so nice how TJ's work is right down the road. He was able to meet us so easily.




Levi's Sayings:

- He read a tag on something we bought and it said made in China. He said, "Wow! Everything is made in China. They are working really hard at making stuff!!"

- We had just had a discussion on taking the Lord's name in vain. We talked about how other kids might say it but we don't. Then in his prayer he said, "Please help people to stop saying 
oh my G-O-D."  

- "My friend John told me to get lots of sleep tonight because we're going to have a football game during recess on Monday."

- He's ALWAYS saying, "Guess what. Let me tell you something." And then proceeds to tell me whatever it is. He probably says this 5 times a day. Shad even says it now. 

- He came home from school telling me all about echolocation. They learned all about bats and I was surprised at how much he retained facts about something as tricky as echolocation!

- "Mom, I had a bad hair day when I just started my life." It's true. He's my only baby that had crazy stick-up hair that stuck out in every direction. :)


 

I walked into the room to see Shad inside, haha. I had just finished my workout so I then went to take a shower. Shad had shown me he could open it himself (there's a childlock thingy on it). So I didn't think twice about it. After my shower I came out and he came running to me with tears and splotchy face. He had gotten stuck in there during my whole shower and finally had gotten out by the end! I felt bad!


Shad's Sayings:

"I LOOOOOOOVE HEB."

"Mom, the Titanic is in the ocean." I was like what?? How does a 2 year old know about the Titanic??? Ty and Levi were reading a Magic Treehouse book about it so I guess he got it from them.

"I want a Helman birthday." We're in Helaman in our Book of Mormon reading right now, haha.

He's progressed from saying Yah to Yetz.

The other day he had his Superman shirt on. He held his arms out like in T and said, "Superman and Jesus do this! They are both good." 


This baby is standing all the time!! He's even tried to take a few steps but falls over. He just wants to walk so bad! 

No comments: