Tuesday, August 23, 2016

First Day of School


Ty- 1st grade with Mrs. Snead in Room 3
Levi- Kindergarten with Mrs. Sparks in Room 9


The boys were SO excited for their first day of school- they couldn't wait to hurry up and go to sleep so that the night would pass by and it would be time to put on their new clothes and go to their new school :) They are at our local elementary school here in Kyle- Negley Elementary. I was impressed with their back to school night and felt pretty confident dropping them off at their classrooms. Both went in so fine and happy without any problems- I was proud of them. They go from 7:20 to 3 pm so they seemed gone for a long time! It was kinda nice with just the two babies! Shad took a good nap and so I was just dealing with Mr. Benzy who wants to be held 24/7! It seemed crazy easy!!

Both chose their new school clothes- of course not the cute Nike stuff I got. Ty wanted his dinosaur expert shirt and Levi wanted his tiger shirt :) And they thought they looked sooo cool in their new Nikes. Definitely one good thing about having boys- you can buy one pair of shoes for the entire year and wear it for everything. 



I am SO impressed with Levi's teacher- she is so super sweet and takes a lot of effort to have very constant, clear communication from her to the parents. She even took the time to call me after his first day and tell me how well he did. She said she used him as an example 6 or 7 times throughout the day and that he was "perfect" and "outstanding behavior." I was really happy to hear that and so touched she'd take the time to call. She also sent an email and gave me her own phone number. I think we'll have a great year with her. 

I also can't believe the small class sizes- both boys have 17 kids in their class! And it's not a small school- there are 6 classes of each grade. I'm just really impressed and feel lucky to be here.



Funny story- Levi came home and told this in his own words:

"Mom! So guess what happened today? Mrs. Sparks was at the front of the class and was reading a book to us. She pointed to this word (his) in the book and asked if anyone knew what that word was. I so quietly raised my hand and she called on me. So I said 'Chester loves his friends' and she FREAKED OUT! She said, 'YOU CAN READ?' and I just shook my head and all the class stare-looked at me!"

TJ gave the boys' Father's Blessings Sunday night before school started and I was surprised by how much the boys actually wanted them and took it seriously. Levi even asked for two blessings- one before church so he could make friends in his primary class. Ty seems to have an extra sensitivity to spiritual things because this is the second or third experience where he's had tears in his eyes after feeling the Spirit. After his blessing as he was wiping his eyes, we really took the time to explain what he was feeling and why. It was kinda neat!

Ty had to fill a brown paper lunch sack of 5 things that describe him. I was impressed that besides legos and toys he put in his mini-sized Book of Mormon as his favorite book :)







Levi's teacher sent this to me in an email- so cute!

No comments: