Friday, June 17, 2016

10K Race

All boy, even when playing the piano :) It's been one year now that Ty's been playing and I'm really proud of him. I've just been his teacher and we've both been very diligent and he works hard. We definitely have some days where there's tears and not wanting to practice but for the most part, he still likes it and knows he has no choice but to practice. 

Shad graduated from speech!! That means for right now we have no one in actual speech services!! I still work with Ty daily with resources and papers we have from his old speech teacher but technically, everyone has graduated from speech!! Yahoo! We were sad to say goodbye to Miss Aprille since she was Ty's speech therapist back when he started at 2 years old. She's like a part of the family and Shad always says he loves Penny and Miss Aprille :)




I've spent these past 2 weeks selling a ton of stuff, cleaning out, organizing and multiple trips to DI. Man, we have a lot of stuff!! Since we'll be kind of in limbo the next 6-9 months, we decided to sell almost everything we own and slowly accumulate again once we're most stable, more space and TJ has started a better paying job. It's actually quite therapeutic and enjoyable in one aspect. I really love organizing so this has forced me to clean out big time! It's interesting finding creative ways to decrease and minimize. 


We sold our sectional couch last week and this book magically fell out of it. I have no idea how since we've looked so hard for this book for the past 3 months. I finally had to pay $28 for it!!! Yes, that's right, twenty eight bucks!!! We've never lost a library book until this one so I was ticked. We found it 31 days after I paid for it and 30 is the limit to get your money back if you find. Luckily they were so nice and gave me my money back anyways!!! Dumb 1981 hippo book!!!

TJ and I ran the Utah Valley 10K last week with Ginger and Curtiss. I was excited to run it since the year before I had been barely pregnant and sick and nauseated. However, I hurt my hip the week before so I hadn't ran all week. It was hard to find someone to watch our kids so early in the morning and just seemed like it wasn't going to work out. But we figured it out and we all ran it. I about died though. Seriously, probably one of the hardest races I've ever ran. I think because my hip/back was hurting the entire race. I helped a lady load our couch into the back of her truck the day before and it just made things worse. The last mile was serious torture. It's the only race where I seriously contemplated stopping to walk especially once I was almost to the finish line. I was done and my hip was giving out. A lady saw my name on my bib and yelled out to me and encouraging me. That was the only thing that kept me going- definitely a life analogy. :) Right at the end TJ passed me- he did so good!! I was sure glad to get that race over with since it was a tough one! But I was glad I did it even if I couldn't walk after it was over and stayed home from church the next day since I couldn't walk. :) Since then each day it's been a little better (I think it's sciatic nerve problems) so hopefully it'll be gone soon. I need to get back to the gym and running!!



TJ won 3rd place in his age division!








These boys have been going to the summer movies at Megaplex theaters with Taylor and Hailey, our neighbors. It's so awesome becuase Kelby or I just drop off/pick up them all and the older girls watch them. It's so nice! The boys really enjoy it.


 Doritos party at 10 am when I have lots of homework and packing to do!




This kid makes me laugh and melts my heart. :)

Levi's Recent Sayings:
- His constant reply to most things I say to him, "Sure I am!"
- When we couldn't find Tigee he kept telling me, "Tigee's counting on me and I'm counting on him!"
- After reading a book about tigers, "I just don't want Tigers to be extinct! They are beautiful and strong!"
- We were talking about where to go for Levi's birthday and the list he came up with was the aquarium, the zoo, IKEA and Mexico. ha!
- "Mom, I just want to be a teenager. I want to be born in Dec. liked Benson. Actually, I want to be a teenager born in December." So random.
- "Shad is make-ed in a diaper!" He keeps saying make-ed instead of naked.
-"When I grow up I want to be a  mystery guy or a tiger guy."
- "Mom, do you have grown up knees?" to which I said I didn't know what he was talking about. "I have kidneys so does that mean you have grown up knees?"
- "Mom! Parker was telling legends!!"
- The boys wanted to use a hammer on legos to get them apart. I told them it wasn't a good idea. "Trust me, mom, we just have to test it out." Then Ty told him, "Levi, I believe in mom."
- When he doesn't want to sleep by himself, "I just always need someone brave by my side."
-"Ty, I love you because you are six."
- In his prayer, "thank you that I'm strong and powerful."
- When Ty was having a little meltdown, Levi just matter-of-factly tells him, "It's okay, Ty. Just take deep breaths." I thought it was so sweet because Levi doesn't think anything of Ty's little autism quirks. He's always been the one to help him through them. 
-"Mom, babies need naps so they can get powerful."
-"Someday I wish I could learn how to cut a cantaloupe. I wish you'd teach me, right now!!"
- Staring at his reflection in the glass as he was cleaning the sliding glass door, "this must be how I looked when I was a spirit!"
- The boys asked why the flag was at half mast. I explained about how bad men in the world who make bad, evil choices (the Flordia club shooting) and that shows how the world is so sad and supporting the people affected by it. They brought up repentance and we talked a little about it all. A week later they saw a flag all the way up and they were started jumping up and down saying, "the bad guy repented!!!" They had equated the flag at half mast and needing to repent :)

Ty's Recent Sayings:
- One of Ty's teachers from school said they loved having Ty in their class because he literally remembered everything they said and made them feel like the best teacher ever! :)
- I was so surprised when they wanted to go play but Ty said, "Umm, Levi, I think we need to clean up first! It's pretttttty messy in here!"
- Ty was in the bathroom and was obviously have some colon issues. Suddenly he groaned and yelled super loud, "OH NO!!! Dang it!! I have diarrhea!!!!!" It was so sad and funny and hilarious because he was so serious and no shame and really disappointed :)
- The boys asked why the flag was at half mast. I explained about how bad men in the world who make bad, evil choices (the Flordia club shooting) and that shows how the world is so sad and supporting the people affected by it. They brought up repentance and we talked a little about it all. A week later they saw a flag all the way up and they were started jumping up and down saying, "the bad guy repented!!!" They had equated the flag at half mast and needing to repent :)
- One last bathroom story: Ty was in the bathroom and I heard him say, "Come out! Come out! This is the day!!!" and then after a few seconds, "Yesssss!!! Today IS the day!!" Oh man. My life with boys!! 
Molly got into some flour. It was all over her face and coated on her tongue. 


Cutest little T-ball player. Ty is sure loving T-ball right now and has improved drastically from the beginning of the season! So fun to watch!

No comments: