Sunday, May 15, 2016

Last Week of School


This past week was the last week of school! With that came Spirit Week which was pretty fun for the boys. Monday and Tuesday they had a teddy bear picnic, Wednesday was crazy hair day, Thursday was stripes/dots day and Friday was Kids Village T-shirt day. I'm kinda sad it's over but then half of me is ready for a little less of hectic schedules and not needing to get out the door every single morning at 8:30 am with all 4 ready for the day and all dailies done. 

Crazy hair day was kinda fun and I got inspiration from Pinterest, of course. But what was even more amazing is that Ty had no problem with the blue hair spray paint. Last Halloween he wouldn't let me touch him with black or orange spray so Levi did it alone. It wasn't even an option or consideration. However, this time he was super excited about it and didn't hesitate when I started spraying- amazing!!!! I knew I wanted to spray their hair just to test Ty with it- win, win!! They called themselves the "Ocean Brothers" since they both had blue heads. Levi's Nemo fish were glue-guned on with bobby pins and Ty's pirate lego boat was with a giant hair clip :)

Both boys have learned SO much this year- I really am amazed by how much. One funny thing that Ty is doing (and hopefully it's just a phase) from having learned so much this past year is that he literally spells out words in the air with his finger while he talks. For example, if he's asking for a drink of orange juice he'll spell out 'orange' while asking. It doesn't seem to be obsessive or compulsive- he does it about 50% of the time. So hopefully it's no big deal and that he's just getting very good spelling practice every day, all day long! ;)












 My little sister, Jordan, got her mission call!! We were skyping when she opening it. It was pretty exciting to hear Australia Brisbane Mission!! She leaves Oct. 5 and couldn't be happier about it all. I'm pretty proud of her, especially the fact that she genuinely wants this for herself and not just because all 5 of her older siblings served and her 2 younger ones can't wait to serve. This is the first of 'my babies' leaving and I often tear up just thinking about it! Jordan, Janae and Tanner will always be my babies because I helped raise them and literally remember them being born. 
I love my Jordy poo!


Miss Cheri- Ty's kindergarten teacher

Miss Sammie- Levi's preschool teacher. 

We gave them both a end of year thank you present with cute little Pinterest print outs of a movie theme- popcorn, candy, Swig gift card and 2 movie tickets. On the little card that went with it the boys each wrote a note. Levi wrote, "Thank you for making me SO smart." :) He was as serious as can be. 



Ty got a break away and ran on to score a goal! It was awesome!


I'm on my last week of my third round of whole30. Man, this baby weight is tough!!!






No comments: