Monday, December 14, 2015

Come on, baby!

38 Weeks!!

Had a doctor's appointment this morning and am still dilated to a 3 (been that way for the past three weeks) but 80% effaced! He also stripped my membranes so I'm curious to see if that'll do anything. Dr. Melendez said if it's works, I'll go into labor within 12- 48 hours and he's very doubtful I'll make it to my induction that's scheduled for Dec. 21st, which is next Monday. He also said hopefully he'll see me tonight. So that was good news to hear. 
But I'm not very hopeful that anything will happen, at least I'm not planning on anything. We kinda have a busy week and TJ still has finals and a class on Thursday (plus my favorite doctor is on call Friday) so I'm okay waiting at least a few more days. I honestly just wish my water would break- that would make things so easy and clear cut! I haven't had that happen yet and I'm curious what it'd be like! 
It's also very bad weather today- tons of snow and bad roads. Dr. Melendez also remembered when Shad was born, how fast it was, and cautioned me to not wait too long and hurry and get over to the hospital, especially in this type of weather. So, we shall see! Amy and Teddi are trying very hard to convince me to take castor oil- blah!!! Ginger is scheduled to be induced on Thursday so I'm still hoping we'll have these babies on the same day!!! We're very anxious to see how this all plays out- kinda fun!! 
But don't get me wrong- I can't wait to get this baby out and start getting my body back. My back is still having a very hard time and it's hard to move, sleep, bend, and get dressed- you know, the usual. Not complaining but just ready to be done!! I've been driving up to Draper to a chiropractor twice a week who specializes in pregnant women- it's definitely helped a ton but I wish I could go everyday. 

Everyone is dying to know the gender and keeps asking me about it but to be honest, I just want it out! I don't really care what it is at this moment, which is funny. I'm pretty content with whatever! 

It'll be interesting to see how these next couple of days turn out to be!

(I like to record this stuff because it's kinda fun to go back and read later :)


No comments: