Thursday, October 22, 2015

Tucson Temple



Saturday October 17, 2015 was the groundbreaking for the Tucson Temple!!
Originally we were planning on driving down there for it since it was the boys' fall break from school but with the wedding and my family just being up here and being almost 8 months pregnant, we decided to stay home since we couldn't actually get tickets it for it (my dad was only able to get 4 tickets for his immediate family living in his household). But we enjoyed watching it online- amazing how it felt like we were there. President Uchtdorf presided and specifically asked President Monson if he could do it since he lived in Phoenix during his pilot training years and came to Tucson often in the 60's. It was neat to see familiar faces on the broadcast as well! 
After the formal part of the groundbreaking, they encouraged families to come up and take pictures with the shovels and President Uchtdorf- it was so awesome to see Tanner and Janae standing right by him!!! Such an amazing man- love him so much and I'm so excited for my siblings to experience something like this that they'll never forget. Reminds me of the trip I took with just my parents and Devin to the Nauvoo Temple dedication and being in the same room as President Hinckley. Anyways, my heart was definitely in Tucson last weekend and I'm still so shocked WE get a temple!!! Our very own!!






No comments: