Sunday, October 25, 2015

Halloween Happenings

Halloween is a fun holiday for me- I enjoy picking a family theme, convincing the boys that they want to dress up as what I want them to be, and then getting lots of uses out of the costumes that I take so much time to make!! This year has been awesome in that we've used our costumes already tons of times- it's so fun and this year was even better because we won at TJ's work party! In the family category we got 2nd place and $50! Kinda fun and the boys were so excited to win!
My grandma made this Captain Hook pirate coat- it's amazing!! I didn't realize how hard the pattern was when I gave it to her with all the material back in August. But like she always does, she figured it out and it looks awesome. TJ normally just takes his costume to work and changes there but this year, he left at 6 am wearing his full costume and wore it all day! He even wore it downtown for an errand, ha. I think he secretly likes it and wishes he had real hair like that. ;)
Levi and Shad's were easy and cheap to make- thanks Pinterest- and Ty's I just found online. So really, this year was super fun and easy and we've gotten lots of compliments on our little family get-up! When we went to TJ's work, all the chinese team kept taking pictures and giving the kids chinese candy :) USANA puts on a fun little family trick or treating event and costume contest and we don't get to see TJ at work that often since it's far away, so the boys loved it.




TJ and I ran- okay, I power walked- the Haunted Half 5K again this year for Kids on the Move. It was fun except it made me desperately want to race again and want my old body back. I ran a little bit here and there and whenever it went downhill but I definitely could feel it and had to slow down at times since I get so tight all around my stomach. Shaddie was NOT a good race partner this year!!! He definitely did not sleep like last year. The first half he was pretty good since he had snacks and Gatorade from the aid stand but after that he kept standing up and wanting OUT. I wanted TJ to race for reals so after he finished he got Shad and the stroller and I was able to finish on my own. Ty had his first basketball game and a soccer game so we asked Linda and Joe to take over and take the older boys for the morning- they had so much fun with them and it was so nice of them. Makes me happy to see my kids making memories with their aunts/uncles. 






















Decorating pumpkins!!
The last few years we've just gotten the little kits from Target and painted them. With TJ gone so much, I'm not up to carving three pumpkins myself and the boys have just as much fun- and are just as messy. It was nap time for Shaddie and he was not happy with his mummy pumpkin.





No comments: