Thursday, September 24, 2015

Speech and Soccer

Sometimes I have a quick moment where I really can't believe that all these little boys are mine?! and maybe another one coming in just a few three months?? I'll see them all walking together, lately all holding hands together as they walk into a store, and it just hits me. I don't feel old enough and certainly at times, don't feel able enough to take on this huge responsibility, privilege and honor of raising righteous priesthood leaders but I certainly, am so incredibly grateful- even on the hard days. 

I officially am not allowed to run anymore due to all the cramping it's been causing. I really am bummed about it since I've worked so hard to try to keep my running up but oh well. At least I was able to do it for the last 25 weeks. Hopefully it all comes back. I just get bored with power walking, the bike and other machines. They still make me cramp a little so I've started not going all 5 days a week. I'll just see how things go. It really won't be that long from now!! Last week I had my glucose test and scheduled my LAST 4 week appointment- after that it's every 2 weeks!! Make me freak out a little...

It really has been nice having Ty around more of the day. It's still tough at times but overall, it's great. We get to do more things together (me and the three boys) and he's able to be more of a kid. I was worried what we'd fill our afternoons up with (since I can't handle just being at home with these guys everyday, all day) and I'm amazed by how quickly life has filled up!!! These days we're busy going to speech for all three boys, swimming, soccer for two boys, Levi will start itty-bitty football, and Ty will start basketball. Throw that all in with normal groceries, errands, callings and TJ being gone and it's a busy week, week after week! It's good. 

I was worried about Ty with his speech- long story short- the district wouldn't provide Ty services because, in their view, we chose to "opt out" of services since Ty goes to a private school for kindergarten. They'll only provide services in the district for private school kids if there's room- and of course, being in Utah county- there's no room. Well, after praying, searching online and talking to insurance I realized we'd just have to do private speech. Since the autism bill passed, we now get 30 speech sessions each year through insurance. Somehow I picked one place to go to, got an appointment and WOW! I'm amazed by how things have worked out! I'm actually SO GRATEFUL things didn't work out with the school district because what we're receiving is a million times better!! We've been going to Dry Creek Physical Therapy which also offers speech therapy. He works with Miss Ashley who is AMAZING. Probably the best speech therapist we've had in all the years of speech. She gladly is letting us come twice a week to get in our 30 sessions for the year and also let's Levi sit in on each session. Ashley has picked up on things in Ty's speech and understanding of language that no one else ever has- it's amazing and I'm seeing weekly progress instead of monthly or yearly. It's definitely exactly what we needed to fine tune his speech to enable him for public 1st grade next year in a new place!! I'm so humbled by Heavenly Father, for once again, leading us to exactly where we needed to be and what is the very best for Ty. 

It's so funny- Ty has speech twice a week, Levi has speech once a week and Shaddie has speech once every two weeks!! 

I can't believe Ty is only in kindergarten and I already am trying to keep track of all his homework! Everyday he has math, phonics, reading for 20 minutes, practice his speech and new this week- spelling words! We also practice the piano (everyday but Sunday) and chores! I was surprised a kindergartener has spelling- it's awesome!!


Shad loves sitting on top of the counters and will hang out there for 30+ minutes at a time while I'm doing dishes, cleaning or making dinner. My mom was shocked I could leave him there- ha!

A week ago or so, I let Molly outside in the front around 2 pm. Later that night we realized she wasn't anywhere to be found. That is so unlike Molls since she LOVES kids and just wants to be with them constantly. After searching around the neighbor I started getting worried that she either got hit by a car or someone took her since she's so friendly. It had to be one of those two because nothing would stop her from coming home or leaving for that long. I posted on facebook on several different neighborhood pages if anyone had seen her and no one had. We were hoping we'd wake up the next morning and she'd be just outside the door, waiting to come in. But I was started to get sad when she still wasn't anywhere around. A few hours later, we were headed out to Levi's soccer game and TJ opened the van door- what do you know, out popped out Molly!! She had been locked in the van for half of a day!! She was hungry and thirsty but surprisingly didn't even make a mess in the van! We were so happy and the boys were happy that Heavenly Father answered their prayers. We all realized how much we actually like this little doggie, even though she drives us crazy at times!!!

Levi had his first soccer game last Saturday! We told him if either boy scored a goal, they could pick out a $4 lego set. Levi was determined and worked SO hard- you could just tell he was trying with all his might!!! He finally scored one at the very end- but in the wrong goal!! He did even realize it.  TJ told him that it was on the wrong goal but still bought him a lego set because he tried so hard. :) I was pretty proud of him for trying so hard.

In the most shocked voice you can imagine: 
Levi, "THEM KNOWS MY NAME!! I just CANNOT believe it!!!!" 

Shad is constantly wrestling, laying on and jumping on Molly. She's so good- just takes it and sometimes enjoys it. They've become good buddies after the other boys are either asleep or at school- it's cute to watch them play. Molly constantly gnaws on Shad's hand- he just laughs. 


About 25+ times a morning when the boys are at school, this is our conversation:
Shad: "Uh Ty Ty??"
Me: "School."
Shad: "Ohhhhh."

Repeat that. Over and over and over......

At least lately he's starting to throw in Levi's name to mix things up.


I'm so grateful Ty is doing so well in school. We're sacrificing a lot for him to go to Kids Village and I'm just so glad it's exactly where he needs to be and thrive. He's always coming home and telling me the things he's learned in History or Science. The other day he told me all about the penny- how it has Abraham Lincoln on it and the back has a building in Washington DC and you can also call it ONE CENT. :) Today he told me all about the Eiffel Tower in France which is in Europe! I certainly had no idea about these things in kindergarten!! 


No comments: