Thursday, August 13, 2015

Summer Wrap Up

This week is our last week of summer!!

It's been a good one and we've been able to enjoy it thoroughly and do some fun things but I'm looking forward to the school year and back to our real routine. I'm excited to see how kindergarten goes for Ty and for another year of preschool for Levi.


The boys completed the Summer Adventure Program with Max the Bear for Kids Village- they sure had fun with it. 

The boys LOVE dressing up in their pretend play clothes and often will go on errands with me dressed as Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. It's pretty funny and they don't seem to notice the people who stare. :)

I started teaching Ty piano myself this summer  just to prep him for the school year when we'd get a real teacher. I'm really surprise at how well he's done and enjoys it. We'll see when he starts to not want to practice but so far so good! I think it's great therapy for his little brain.


Ty gave his first talk in Primary last week. I was pretty impressed- he was so excited and read the entire thing himself. We had practiced it maybe 3 times before during the week. This is what he read:

Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Heavenly Father loves us so much that He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to the earth to be our Savior. We can follow Jesus' example by keeping the commandments and following the prophet. Jesus taught us to love other people. I'm trying to obey Him by being nice to my brothers. Jesus also performed many miracles too. I know that Jesus lives and that He loves us. I like to bear my testimony. I know this church is true and I know Joseph Smith was a prophet. I love my family. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

Not bad for a pre-kindergartener!! 


Ty's recent sayings:

- He was soooo excited to start a new piano song, saying (shouting), "This is SO FUN! I'm so excited- ahhhhhh!!" It'll wear off, buddy! Hate to tell ya :)
- This kid reads the street signs everywhere we go. Even when we're on the freeway and pass signs going 80 mph- he'll read them. TJ and I just look at each other in amazement- it's crazy! He reads big and complicated words too! My favorite is once a week when he says, "Oh Mom! It's taco Tuesday!"
- He's always telling me what the speed limit is except he calls it the limit speed. 
- When we were in Bear Lake riding our bike for 5 people, tons of other people on regular bikes were all around and passing us. Ty saw (from far away) that this boy was riding some sort of pink bike and kept telling us. Finally when this kid passed right by us, he said very loudly, "See! I told you it was a boy riding a Barbie bike!!" It was pretty funny in the moment. 

Levi's recent sayings:

- "Thanks for saving me, Mom." He fell and I caught him :)
- We were having a FHE about Jacob and Sherem from the Book of Mormon. The next morning we were reading that same chapter from the scriptures and when I read the part about Jacob testifying that there is a Christ, Levi cheered really loud. 
- Randomly, he came up and said, "We love everyone, even if they have different faces." We had recently talked about different skin color.
- "It's the speed limit, Mom, but I just call it limit speed."
"Mom, I just realllllly want to go to outer space. How come we haven't gone yet?"
- The first night we slept in the covered wagon, camping in Bear Lake, " We can lay down and talk stories! Just like pioneers!"
-While Derek has been living here this summer, he's just slept downstairs on the couch. One morning Levi came into our room so sad. We asked him what was wrong and he said that "Dery just keeps talking to me." We told him to try again and just not answer and came back very dejectedly saying that he just won't stop. So I told him put a blanket on his head and go downstairs. He came back a while later so ecstatic saying, "IT WORKED!!!"

For our last week of summer, we picked up a friend and headed to the splash pad for an afternoon. 


The boys were so excited for Meet their Teacher day at Kids Village- I'm excited to be there again all next year as well!! 

Goodbye to summer!!


No comments: