Wednesday, October 22, 2014

9 months


This little man turned 9 months yesterday!!

Weight: 19.8 lbs, 48th percentile
Length: 27.7 cm, 23rd percentile
Head Circ: 17.9 cm, 71st percentile

He's not as big of baby as I thought! And he has a small body with a big head, ha. 

We've had a rough past six weeks with 6 teeth trying to come down- 4 on the top and the 2 bottom ones. But the past few days have been MUCH better as he now has 4.5 of those teeth completely through. He's sleeping 10x better, less fussy and just happier. Makes me hurt for him, poor little guy!! Both of my other boys started sleeping through the night at 9 months so I think we're just around the corner from that. Shad goes to bed around 7:30 pm, wakes up about 1 or 2 am, drinks a bottle and goes right back to sleep until about 7:30 am. He takes a good long morning nap around 9:30 am and another one around 2 pm. He crawls like a champ, usually like a monkey with his bum in the air, and can go FAST! Especially when he sees his older brothers' toys available when they aren't looking. I got rid of lots of my baby toys because I've found with these younger kids they play with the same things the older boys play with and I hate having tons of toys everywhere, cluttering the house. So you can often see him chewing on a superhero and playing with monster trucks. :) He loves his bottle still and gulps down his three 8 oz bottles a day. He eats whatever we're eating now and loves all food! It's so nice to be done with baby food! We're counting down the days until he can take whole milk and no more formula!! It'll be the best Christmas present ever!!! :) He pulls himself up to a standing position everywhere and all day long and now can move from thing to thing, taking a tiny step in between. I'll be curious to see if he's walking by Christmas! He loves giving open mouth kisses and babbles all day long. He's still a tough little kid since the boys are still pretty rough with him. He loves being outside, doing whatever his brothers are doing and being in water. He brings so much happiness to our family and can't imagine our life without him! I couldn't believe it when I made his 12 month appointment yesterday! We sure love this baby!





























Last week when Shad was teething and sleeping bad, TJ finally laid him down on this mattress. When I came in to check on him before I went to bed I found Ty had moved down from his bed onto the mattress with Shad. It was cute to see them snuggling together. I think Shad liked having a warm body close :) 






After having Shad, I went down to what's called PRN- that means I worked just when they need me and lately that's been about 2 times a month- so not very often! It's been awesome just because of how chaotic our life is right now and TJ gone all the time. I do love the people I work with and enjoy the work that I do so whenever I do work, I actually enjoy seeing everyone. And each time I work (it's a big department) I usually get comments all shift long like, "You still work here??" and "Whoa! Look who actually came to work!", etc. Last weekend I worked the last half of a shift for someone so I only worked from 1700-2300. Anything less than 10-12 hours we call a "princess shift" because they are whimpy and "easy." So of course, everyone teased me all night for being a princess and Sanderson and Natalie made me a crown out of coban to wear all night. :) Sandy had to take a pic while we were in CT sedating an overdose/withdrawal patient. Good times at work!


The boys colored pictures for our pediatrician's office Coloring Contest. They took it very seriously. 

No comments: