Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sickness


There is a reason why I tried to only have spring/summer babies while living in the coldness of Utah.

Working in health care makes me well aware of the difficulties respiratory season brings. I was so worried about RSV when I found out I was pregnant with this guy and realized his due date was right smack in the middle of it. But no matter what you do and how much you try to shield these little babies away from the older siblings, he still caught it. :( I felt so bad for him but was soooo grateful we were able to avoid any hospitalization. I was pretty worried for a while, especially when he got fevers.

Poor little guy had this hacking cough, was way congested, had a low grade fever, fussy, irritable and inconsolable unless I was holding him. He got diagnosed with RSV last Tuesday and we had some pretty rough days (and nights). The week before Levi had a cough with runny nose and low grade fever and, obviously, shared with little brother. What's worse than having a sick newborn? Getting sick yourself. Ugh. Wednesday night my mom convinced me to go to Instacare where I was diagnosed with strep throat. Perfect timing. 

Speaking of perfect timing- on Wednesday, the same day that I got diagnosed with strep and that Shad got diagnosed with an ear infection (on top of RSV), TJ got rear ended on the way to work, haha! Thankfully he wasn't hurt but that's the second time in the last month. :)

However, nothing else makes you so grateful for simple things we take for granted like antibiotics and pain meds. I can't remember being this sick for a long time- fever, chills, night sweats, nausea, migraines, body aches and sore throat so bad could hardly swallow let alone eat or drink. It was awful! But so glad my mom made me go and get started on meds. Even from far away she's always taking care of us. :)

This is what we looked like most of last week.

And this guy was a life saver. Even though he has super crazy, busy weeks full of late nights and early mornings to begin with, he helped so much. I don't know what I'd do without him.



And these boys were soooo good during the week of sickness.
They were basically left to defend for themselves all during the week. :) I'd pull Shad and I out of bed to go drop Ty off and pick him up from school and that's about it. Even though they watched way too much TV and movies on the iPad, they played so well together and were troopers.

Isn't it normal to eat breakfast standing on one leg?

But we are better now! Nothing makes you appreciate health so much than after a round of sickness.
Although though Shad did not like testing out the bow for my friend's baby gift. :)


The week before I went with my mother in law and sister in laws to Time out for Women in Layton. It was a fun little outing together that only Shad got to go to. I stayed overnight at my grandparents house and Shad slept awesome. It was a nice little getaway.





So glad we are all feeling better!!




No comments: