Sunday, October 13, 2013

24

24 Weeks

Well, last week I hit the 6 month mark! The belly is definitely there and he's making his presence known. I still cannot complain too much about anything- overall, I've been very blessed with each pregnancy. Not saying it's easy, of course (what pregnancy is??) but I'm grateful I'm still able to work park time nights in a crazy, busy, insane ER, take care of 2 little wild boys and manage everything else with TJ gone A LOT due to grad school and working in Salt Lake. This week has started the tailbone pain, the feet and back aches/throbbing continue and some crazy GI stuff that has been going on the last few months (that don't make me feel good) but overall, I'm feeling great (besides fat and very blah :). I officially transitioned into all maternity clothes about 2 weeks ago (sigh) and I've gained 22 lbs at my last appointment- yikes!- and it all goes to my legs, bum, and thighs- literally!!! Ahhhh!!! But this is just what happens so come what may and love it, right??

I still have my crazy cravings for sandwiches (my specialty being mayo on each side of the bread, 2 drops of mustard, 3 slices of cheddar cheese and 2 pieces of sundried tomato turkey- my ER coworkers think I'm crazy!! I kinda am- about sandwiches!!). I also LOVE Cafe Rio, crunchy peanut butter, and anything salty like tortilla chips with some sort of dip. Don't really crave anything sweet or many desserts but I still definitely pack on the pounds!

He's moving a lot and still upside down on his head with his knees to his nose- he's been that way for the last 5 weeks now.

We're still working on a name but have thought about Hunter more seriously.... but we're not really sure.  We'd LOVE to use Roy as the middle name after one of my very favorite people in the whole wide world- Elder Jeffery R. Holland ( and yep, the R is for Roy). This is my list that I've slowly made- TJ doesn't have much of an opinion :)

Hunter
Hyrum
Wyatt
Shad
Weston
Bentley
Hudson
Miles
Royce
Carter 
Bennett

Most of them there's a reason why it wouldn't work- doesn't flow with Ty and Levi (dumb, I know, but I do factor it in), I don't think we'd seriously do it, not significant or named after anyone or my cousin has the same name, etc. I mostly just have to see his squishy little blob of a face and then decide- I mean, we, of course. I sound like I have the final say or something.... :)

The thing that scares me is that we're coming into the holiday season now... that means it always flies by and then bam- January is HERE! Ahhhh!! Don't get me wrong- can't wait for this little guy to come but we're not ready just yet. Doesn't seem real so far even though I do feel VERY pregnant. Plus I'm the opposite seasons than I was for both of my other boys- I'm needing winter maternity clothes and even better, warm little clothes for him! Shopping for him has gotten me very excited for another boy- I wouldn't change it now even if I could. Plus, it'll be interesting having a winter baby. Growing up in AZ the seasons didn't matter that much and all my siblings were spring/summer babies. So there's a few things that have mixed it up and making it different. Plus it's fun trying to find matching outfits for all three boys.... it's trickier than I thought it would be. 

The boys are both very excited still and always point out things for baby- they are always walking up and randomly kissing my belly. It's cute. Ty still wants to name him Benji- notice it didn't make the above list. :)


1 comment:

Jen Perkins said...

I vote for Wyatt or Miles (or Myles). Whatever you name him, he'll be awesome. You look great! And the best thing about a January baby is that the last few months (the hardest ones for me) fly by! It's a blessing. :)