Thursday, September 5, 2013

Second 1st Day of Preschool

Not wanting to take first day of school pictures. 

I didn't even really think about taking pictures of Ty going to school on Tuesday since nothing has changed for us. Ty continues to go Bridges preschool in their ABA therapy program Monday-Friday for 20 hours a week- what he did all summer long as well. But I guess Tuesday marked the official 2013-2014 school year. 

While most kids were on summer vacation, Ty and his little buddies continued to go to school, working hard and in the school routine. I have a weekly meeting with his teachers to discuss his progress for the week and last week one of them actually got very emotional while talking about how hard these kids work- year round, every day of the year. Most two and three year olds are home playing and never even been away from home/parents much and almost all kids get a summer break but not these kids. She just talked about how proud she is of them and the challenges they face and overcome, as well as how HARD they work, at such a young age. I was touched by what she said and have been reflecting on it since then. I am very proud of my Ty Ty and hope he continues to excel and make huge progress.

September 2013 and September 2012- can't believe he's been in preschool for 1 whole year!


Ty continues to thrive at school, loves going, has friends and is adored by his teachers. He has mastered potty training- something I thought was unachievable- and I can't remember the last time he had an accident. His language has taken off and he's talking in full sentences all the time now- just very garbled and still uses sign for nouns to help clarify what he's saying. I've gotten pretty good at interpreting but still, somethings stump me. I feel bad when I can't understand what he's saying because I know he gets frustrated. I am very hopeful that in this next year his language will continue to improve, get clearer, and he'll catch up to his peers. My heart breaks at the thought of him getting made fun of as the years go on and that language gap getting farther and farther apart. But I will eternally be so incredibly grateful for the services we are receiving- for free- and the difference they will make and are making in our family's lives. May sound cheesy but I'm completely and totally sincere and serious. If you've had a special needs child, you get it. :)

New backpack and lunch box- the old one was getting pretty worn, plus another kid had the same one so it was always getting switched. :) Ty is very proud of his Cars backpack. 



This Monsters Inc. hat is on this little boy's head probably 90% of the day, including bedtime. So funny how much he loves it. I like it cause I don't have to gel his hair all the time when it gets long. :)

So proud of this boy! We continue to have a struggles, like all kids, but he's come soooo far even since last year. Can't believe it's been a whole year that he's been going to preschool!!! I'm excited to see what the next year will bring. 



And since we're on the subject of Ty....

I've been taking a Photo 101 class and these are just some random pics







And we can't leave out Levi :)





1 comment:

Jen Perkins said...

Go Ty! That's so awesome how well he's doing and that he's potty trained and talking in sentences! I know kids this age that still aren't doing that so I bet by the time he's in kindergarten he won't be far off from his peers. What a blessing!