Monday, September 16, 2013

Just Lately



This boy is awesome. He continues to make progress and it's fun to have "conversations" with him- something we've never had before. :) He started up with speech therapy through the school district again since they don't do it during the summer when school is closed. He's with Mrs. Robinson at Grove Crest Elementary- she was amazed by his progress from last May! 
Lots of my friends are saying how it really should be called the terrible threes instead of twos but I think we are getting a little pay off right now for how tricky the terrible zeros, ones and twos were. :) He's a lot of fun to have around and just seems so happy and content with life right now. 

I'm enjoying this stage in our life- the calm before the newborn arrives. With working nights, it's pretty common after dropping Ty at preschool and it's just me and Lev at home, that Levi will entertain himself and I'll take a good, solid nap or rest in bed which feels wonderful!! You can only go so long on 2 hours of sleep. This pregnancy has been harder in the sense that with the other boys I only worked days. I usually hit 3 am and literally hit a wall and the nausea comes back. Driving home is a little dangerous sometimes!! I'm SO excited to go down to PRN status after this baby!!!

 I also have time to work on my own stuff and hobbies while the boys play together or just sit and read while we're at the playground. It's kind of nice having two "grown up" kids who are fairly independent, understand what you're saying and don't need to be supervised every second!! Often when TJ is working late or has school even later, we'll pile all the blankets into the living room with tons of pillows, pop popcorn and watch a movie together with a boy cuddling on each side of me- so fun! Last weekend we watched Mulan- they loved it. :)


But regardless of what I already said, I really am getting excited for a newborn again since it fells like I've had a long break (just compared to last time) and it's fun watching the boys get excited and randomly just come up and kiss my belly throughout the day. My friend and I checked on our little guys this weekend when it was slow at work on the ultrasound machine- so cute to see him move all over. What a miracle it really is. 


Ty can't pronounce Levi so he calls him "Vee-Lie"- pretty close just backwards! I find myself calling him V-Lie too and have to catch myself. :) 



What a tough life!

Over Labor Day weekend, we were wanting to go somewhere since we both had the three day weekend completely off but ended up having a stay-cation since TJ had a lot of homework. It was so fun! The best thing we did- besides having a date night and temple night- was went and saw Ephram's Rescue that was at the dollar theater. We didn't want to find a baby sitter so we went to the 8 pm showing, loaded up on drinks, popcorn and a candy with a boy on each lap. They drank their drink with Melatonin in it and very shortly after we had two sleeping kids snuggling on us while we watched our movie. It was awesome!!! Neither of us had to go out and afterwards a man commented on how they were the best little kids in a movie that he had ever seen!! Haha! We didn't mention that we drugged them and that was the reason why. :) 


The other day I was fixing dinner and couldn't find where I had set the block on cheese a minute ago. Then I saw this little guy on the couch munching away- haha!












TJ's professional picture from MBA school- his "glamor shot!" 

It's been about 3 weeks of school so far and whew!!! Not sure how we'll survive three years of this!!! No, it really is manageable and a good thing- it's just that we see each other even less than we did before. We usually have about 1-2 nights a week that we're both home in the evenings and eat together as a family. Someday when he's home every single night and no more school and I'm not working we'll think how weird it is! I look forward to that someday. I'm so used to putting the boys to bed, fixing dinner, cleaning up by myself that on the rare nights that he is home and we both do it it goes so fast and feels strange to have help!! I wish there was more I could do to help him since he has many late nights and very early mornings- on Tues and Thurs he leaves by 5:30 am and doesn't get home until midnight. He's doing so well and I'm so appreciative of the hard work he's putting in now that will pay off to us all later. 

Sunday afternoon naps at Abuelita's house.

We closed on the refiancing portion of our house that literally has taken all summer long to complete!! We're excited and are now looking for renters and potential lease to own owners for the next step! We'll see what happens! Our goal is to find someone and be moved by November 1st! 

1 comment:

Jen Perkins said...

I'm so jealous of how well your kids play together! Having them so close definitely paid off, it looks like! Owen seems so bored at home half the time.