Sunday, August 25, 2013

18

18 weeks

This pregnancy is kinda fun in the sense that the boys think they understand what is going on. When I was pregnant with Levi, Ty was so little and had zero concept of anything going on, even after he was born. They both will come up and "look for the baby"- meaning lift up my shirt to see if they can see him. They also kiss my belly and often point to their own bellies and say, "Baby in here too!" They do that especially after they've eaten and their stomachs are bigger and full, haha.  

This pregnancy has been pretty good so far. The morning sickness is pretty much gone and only comes when I work a full night shift and I'm up past 3 or 4 am. I haven't thrown up at all this pregnancy, just get very nauseated and want to puke. I crave sandwiches with lunch meat from the deli, sliced cheese, mayo and mustard (I don't like mustard) with chips. I also crave good salads covered in salad dressing, grapes, Cafe Rio, and Tostitos Cheese dip with tortilla chips. Weird, I know. I've never eaten gross cheese dip before in my life but it's so YUMMY! I still eat a lot and around the clock and have gained 13 lbs so far- blah. My sense of smell is crazy this time which is so fun working in the ER, as you can imagine. I feel 10x bigger this time around, amazed at the difference between pregnancies 1/2 and 3. The size I'm at was what I was at 24+ weeks with the other boys. Oh well, I know I'll gain lots of weight so bring it on. I've had a pooch since 7 weeks and people already comment since it's so obvious. 


Ty has named the baby Benji.

No idea where he got that name or how he even heard of it before.

So we call him Benji, oddly enough. And no, that's not going to be his real name. I have zero ideas as to a name. I have a tons of girls names of course.... Good thing we have several months, otherwise he'd be Baby Boy Hendriksen for life.


Funny story:
The first time I told Ty that there was a baby brother in my tummy and that he's getting bigger so he can be born later. Ty gets excited and that was when he decided on Baby Benji as his name. TJ walks in and I tell Ty to tell him where the baby is. Ty is about to point to my stomach but stops and looks up at the "other bumps" on me. :) He then points to my boob and says, "Baby!" TJ and I start laughing while I tell him that no, he's down in my belly. Ty says, "No! Two babies!" and points to my chest again. By this time we are laughing so hard we're crying (had to be there) and again, show him the right area of where babies grow. He then stares for a minute, shrugs his shoulders and says, "Okay, three babies. 1, 2, 3." Normally I'm so flat chested that these boys are starting to notice other changing things about me and they are very confused!


I walked in and found the boys very proud of their new artwork on the carpet- ahhhh! I was so mad!!! Guess it's time to get our carpets cleaned at least. And they are washable markers so that's good too. Still!!! Ty was so proud of the house he drew and the people.... needless to say we won't be coloring for a while. 



I have a lady coming out to evaluate Levi's speech from Early Intervention. I'm just starting to realize that Levi really is slightly delayed in expressive speech as I'm noticing him interacting with other kids his age. Nothing like Ty was at his age but still, a slight delay is there. I have no other concerns in any other areas- again, not like Ty- but I'm hoping he qualifies for speech since it's so good for them!

Potty training continues to go well! We still have a few accidents here and there- mostly when he's having too much fun to stop and notice- but so nice to only have one in diapers! I love it!

Levi has been completely out of his crib now for the last month or so. Putting them to bed is so much easier since they both do better having each other. I found them like this the other night, haha. Totally spooning! Later when I checked on them one last time they had both flipped to the other side and were spooning the other way! So guess it really was on purpose and for comfort. :)

Ty- 3 years, 3 months
Levi- 2 years, 1 month

How fun would it be to have a sibling this close in age? I would've LOVED that growing up. These boys are sure lucky to have each other. And another little brother to add to the mix too. 

My good friend had her baby girl yesterday and the sweet thing was immediately life flighted to Primary Children's for heart complications. I guess they almost lost her a few times but is stable now and I just can't stop thinking about it! Mostly because we have a family history of congenital heart defects and a baby brother who passed away from it. I just feel so worried and bad for Lanaya and her little family. I think we take for granted healthy babies sometimes and it really is such a miracle when a baby is born. I'm grateful for the overall health of my two boys and pray this little guy is doing okay inside without any problems. With having another boy I sometimes worry about Autism again and other things but overall, I know that Heavenly Father is aware of our needs and struggles and all will be alright in the end. :)


1 comment:

miriam said...

I can't believe that Levi is already two. What??! And Jade did the same thing and told me there were two babies while pointing at my chest. Funny thing is I'm not flat at all so I'm not sure why she would equate them as being full of baby but so so funny as well. Ty is pretty good at counting! Three babies!