Saturday, July 6, 2013

Happy 4th!


I had to work this year for 4th of July but we had a fun morning with a yummy breakfast, went swimming, and then all 4 of us took an awesome nap! TJ and Ty watched fireworks from our back porch and had a pretty good view. They look like they are falling asleep though in this pic that TJ sent me at work. :)
I anticipated a crazy night in the ER. I was charging too so I knew I was in for quite the stressful night but it actually ended up not being too bad. We've had waaaay worse nights before. We only had 3 minor firework burns and only 2 traumas. We definitely had our handfuls of drunks, of course but really it wasn't too bad. We even had time to go outside and watch the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire, joking about how the next ambulance was brining Kelly Clarkson or Carly Rae Jepson. :) Kinda  a cool picture too, huh?!
Happy 4th and thank you to all the people who protect our freedom! I was so saddened by the lost of the 19 hotshot firemen who died in Yarnell, AZ. One was my good friend's cousin. I'm grateful for all who serve in all different capacities. 



No comments: