Tuesday, October 9, 2012

15 Months




Weight: 21 lbs, 6 oz (10th percentile)
Length: 31 inches (46th percentile)
Head circ: 47.5 cm (59th percentile)

At 15 months, Levi has turned into a little boy. He's no longer my little baby. He wants to do and be everything that Ty is and does, including playing all the games Ty likes, make-believe with cars and animals, stacking legos, coloring with crayons and markers, playing on the playground, throwing things down and jumping on the bed (mattress on the ground is what it really is). At the playground his favorite thing to do is go "down" which means down the slides, even the really big ones, usually when I'm not looking or can't get up there fast enough. He goes down on his belly, feet first and has no fear, no matter how tall or long they are. He also loves to swing and tries to run as fast as he can to keep up with Ty but definitely is not as fast as Ty was at this age. :) He holds my hand and walks with me but trips quite frequently. He also climbs up anything he can get on top, including the table, the top of couches, dressers and chairs.

Levi can say quite a few words such as "down", "sock", "hat", "uh-oh", "dog", "fish","please" and "Mom". 
He has 8 teeth, four on top and four on bottom. 

He will eat just about anything and is a GREAT (and VERY messy) eater, which surprises me about his weight. He's kind of a little shrimp! The only thing I've discovered that he doesn't like are pickles and hamburger meat. :) Otherwise this kid eats anything and everything any adult would eat, including green chiles and peppers. 
Health-wise, he has improved GREATLY which is due to two things: tubes in both ears that were placed back in July and the daily Pulmicort nebulizer treatments that he gets everyday. He hasn't had a single wheezing episode since August and we haven't had to use Albuterol since then either! These last few months of 2012 have been drastically better than the first half of the year, where he was sick with an ear infection, respiratory problems or (usually) both about every 2-4 weeks. 

Levi sleeps wonderfully for about 10-11 hours every night with his beloved blankie. He's a great self soother and often will be found just playing or laying in his crib before or after naps/sleeping. He often makes "roar"-ing sounds to alert us to come get him. TJ and I will both stop what we're doing and say, "what was that noise?" and then realize it's our little tiger.

The only thing that will keep his attention is Baby Signing Time DVDs. We rent them from the library and so he is exposed to quite a variety of different signs, which he uses quite regularly. He signs "more", "please", and "all done" most frequently. Signing Time is the only thing that he'll watch during his nebulizer treatments everyday which take about 10-15 min. That's a very long time for this toddler to hold still so I'm definitely a fan of Rachel Coleman (Signing Time lady :)

We weaned Levi from his bottle around 13 months old and he does great with sippy cups. It's so nice to not have any bottles or formula or breast milk to worry about. :) We also took down the baby gate to the stairs about the same time and I have to admit, it did make me a little sad that my two boys are getting so big. We still think back to the first 6 months of Levi's life when Ty was so little too and laugh about how ridiculously hard it was with them back then. And then smile to think about how EASY they are now! I LOVE having my boys so close together now. Totally worth it!! I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. However, I doubt I would ever do it again on purpose with any other kids though.... haha. Maybe if they were two girls? Might be a little easier?? It think Ty's speech complicated everything 10x more so maybe if that wasn't an issue. Who knows! All I know is that I enjoy these two boys so much. I have pictures of them on my name badge at work and I get asked at least once a shift if they are twins. I also get some sort of comment, almost on a daily basis, about why Levi's hair is blonde or how come "one is dark and one is light?" Haha, I DON'T KNOW, PEOPLE!! :) I'm sure it'll darken when he gets older. I'm also not sure what color Levi's eyes are either. They are a very dark, greyish color but definitely not totally dark brown like me, TJ, and Ty. 

Levi is such sweet, lovable, chill, calm, easy little boy. I know Heavenly Father knew that was the only way this would all work out- was for a calm one to follow energetic and busy child #1. Ty and Levi are polar opposites in every sense of the word. They could not be more different and opposite in every single characteristic and category (physically, mentally, emotionally, etc) that exists. It's not a bad thing, at all, just different. Yet they love each other and play so well together. So often I will hear hysterical laughter from them both as well as times where it is way too quiet and then two pairs of voices saying, "uh oh." It makes my heart melt to see them kiss, hug and play together and I know this is just the beginning of a lifetime of that to come. Neither one can remember life without the other. Levi is still a major momma's boy but also loves his Grandpa Hendriksen and Teddi (my brother, Devin's, finance). He is such a joy to have around and we're so glad he came to our family! We love you, Levi!

No comments: